Madhuri Dixit
Join our community today and gain access to everything Madhuri related!

Thousands of pictures in our gallery. All the latest news. Videos covering the whole career of hamaari Madhuri. Fanart and fanfiction.

But don´t just take. Give something to our community. Make friends. Nobody likes lurkers.

Our most beloved artiste is back on the big screen with Gulaab Gang and Dedh Ishqiya in 2013!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Taal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gaja Gamini
Admin

PostSubject: Taal   Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:04 pm

Directed by: Subhash Ghai
Starring: Aishwariya Rai, Akshaye Khanna, Anil Kapoor
Released: 1999
My rating: 5/10

Movie that is anything but exciting. Full of half-baked characters, out of whom only Anil had something that would interest you. But there are definitely some plus poits. One was Aishwarya - I don´t know whatever has happened to her nowdays, but she used to be so adorable! I mean - she was so very natural in this film, it was sheer pleasure to watch her. I´m also a fan of her simple look without much make-up and jewellery, so this worked as well. She danced BEAUTIFULLY. Another plus point was Anil - his acting was a highlight. And then there is BEAUTIFUL title song that is absolutely magical. I loved the picturization as well. In fact the whole soundtrack of Taal can be definitely labeled as one of the best Rahman´s albums. Pity not all the voices used suited Aishwariya...

I was SHOCKED to see Amrish Puri was not a bad guy!!! That is something that just isn´t right...

And I will never understand why Bollywood heroines so often love the most impossible jerks. Akshaye´s character was purely annoying to me (and mind you, I adore Akshaye!). He was just too sure of himself!!! And then he gave away the finale halfway through the film!!! "You will send her to me, she will come out of her own decision...." blah blah blah..... And then to ensure his success in the end he decides to use a CUTE DOG as a weapon!!!! Now that is EMOTIONAL BLACKMAILING!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bollywood-ish.blogspot.com/

Taal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madhuri Dixit :: The 90's-
Jump to: